SEARCH Postpones 2020 Annual Meeting and Symposium until January 2021
Due to the impact of the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, SEARCH has postponed its 2020 Annual Membership Group Meeting and Symposium on Justice Information Technology, Policy and Research—both of which had been scheduled for July 2020 in St. Louis, Missouri.
SEARCH Chair Leslie Moore announced the postponement in an email to the SEARCH Membership on March 19. She noted the decision was made in light of recent actions by federal, state, and local governments nationwide advising citizens and businesses to sharply limit their activities to slow the spread of the coronavirus and COVID-19 disease. (Subsequent shelter-in-place directives as of March 31 have affected 265 million people in 32 states, 81 counties, 18 cities, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.)
The SEARCH Membership Group Meeting and Symposium is now scheduled for January 25–27, 2021, at the St. Louis Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri:
- The next face-to-face meeting of the SEARCH Membership Group will take place Monday, January 25.
- The 2021 SEARCH Symposium will take place Tuesday–Wednesday, January 26–27.
SEARCH will release details of the January 2021 events on its Meetings page and Symposium website, most likely by late summer, taking into consideration the evolving nature of the pandemic. The Symposium website includes a sign-up form to receive email alerts.
SEARCH has taken other actions that impact its Members, Staff and operations, as follows:
- All SEARCH staff travel is suspended through at least June 1, 2020, and may be extended further depending on evolving circumstances.
- All SEARCH staff have been authorized and encouraged to work from home through at least June 1, 2020; this may be extended further as well. SEARCH offices in Sacramento, CA, and Arlington, VA, will not be staffed for the foreseeable future.
- SEARCH is reviewing and testing a variety of tools to enable and support online meetings, training, technical assistance and conference/workshop presentations.
SEARCH’s operator can be reached during regular business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, PDT) at 916-392-2500; after hours, callers may leave a voicemail. This number also connects callers to a SEARCH personnel phone directory by last name (also listed on our Contact Us page). Staff emails and phone numbers are also listed on our Staff page.
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News