Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has appointed Mr. Bret Braafhart to serve as the State of Iowa’s new representative to the SEARCH Membership Group.
Mr. Braafhart is Assistant Director, Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), Iowa Department of Public Safety (DPS). He was appointed to SEARCH effective October 20, 2021.
The DCI provides a full spectrum of criminal investigation services to Iowa, including:
- Criminalistics Laboratory
- Criminal History Record Checks
- Fingerprint Identification
- Field Operations
- Missing Person Information Clearinghouse
- Sex Offender Registry
- Special Enforcement Operations Bureau
- Support Operations
- Convicted Offender Web Program
- The DCI celebrated its 100th anniversary earlier in 2021.
The previous SEARCH governor-appointee from Iowa was Mr. David Jobes, who served two stints as a SEARCH Member, from 2017–2021 and earlier from 2011–2014. He also served several terms on the SEARCH Board of Directors.
SEARCH Members and Staff welcome Mr. Braafhart to the Membership Group.