Final planning is underway for the 2022 SEARCH Winter Membership Group Meeting, which takes place in two weeks in Columbia, South Carolina.
The January 25-26 meeting is located at the Marriott Columbia in Columbia, South Carolina. Registration, hotel and travel details are available on the Winter Meeting website.
The Meeting Agenda is now available. Key sessions and workshops will address these topics, among others:
- Briefings from Congressional staff and key justice agency staff on NICS, NCHIP, NCS-X and NIBRS;
- Gun policy research;
- Evolving identification and identity management technologies;
- Information systems security for critical law enforcement systems;
- Developing universal computerized criminal history data quality measures;
- Clean Slate and other forms of criminal justice reform and records relief at the state and Federal levels, including an examination of Clean Slate initiatives underway in states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Utah, Connecticut, Delaware and others;
- Efforts to improve disposition reporting;
- Monitoring the movement of parolees/probationers across state lines.
SEARCH is carefully monitoring the status of COVID-19, evolving CDC guidance, and guidelines issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC-DHEC), and recommends that all persons attending the 2022 Winter Meeting in person follow the guidance provided by SC-DHEC: https://scdhec.gov/covid19/holiday-tips-covid-19