At the 2021 SEARCH Annual Membership Group Meeting, held July 12 in St. Louis, Missouri, Chair Leslie Moore announced results of the Board of Directors election, which was held virtually prior to the meeting. The election included four open seats for State Members and one open seat for an At-Large Member; all positions are for two-year terms that expire in July 2023.
Elected to his first term on the Board was Major David A. (Tony) Flannigan, Commander of the Technical Services Bureau, Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Re-elected to new two-year terms on the Board were the following State Directors:
- Brad Cazort, Director, Arkansas Crime Information Center.
- Leila McNeill, Chief, Criminal Identification Bureau, Idaho State Police.
- Matt Ruel, Director, Maine State Bureau of Identification, Maine State Police.
Also re-elected to a new two-year term is At-Large Member Bob Wessels, Vice Chair, Texas Judicial Committee on Information Technology.
Continuing to serve on the SEARCH Board of Directors, with terms that expire in July 2022, are the following State Directors:
- Mr. Jason Bright, Supervisor, Criminal Records & Identification Services Section, Criminal Investigation Division, Montana Department of Justice.
- Ms. Mannone Butler, Executive Director, District of Columbia Criminal Justice Coordinating Council.
- Lt. Colonel Timothy Chung, Assistant Director, Technical Services Division, Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Lt. Colonel Larry C. Newton Jr., Office of Technical Services, Kentucky State Police.
- Lisa Voss, Assistant Director, State Bureau of Identification, Delaware State Police.
Also continuing to serve on the SEARCH Board of Directors, with terms that expire in July 2022, are the following At-Large Members:
- Mr. Dan Foro, Senior Advisor, New York State Sheriffs’ Association Institute.
- Dr. James Lynch, Professor, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Maryland.
In addition, Mr. Christopher D.W. Young, Administrator, Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center, Department of the Attorney General, is the permanent appointed Open Justice Broker Consortium (OJBC) representative to the SEARCH Board.
Transitioning off the Board was Mr. David Jobes, Assistant Director, Iowa Department of Public Safety. SEARCH thanks Mr. Jobes for his dedicated service on the Board. He remains Iowa’s representative to the SEARCH Membership Group.