Mr. Jason Bright, Chairman of the SEARCH Board of Directors, has appointed three new At-Large representatives to the SEARCH Membership Group, with terms beginning July 24, 2023.
The new appointees are:
- Shawn D. Bushway, Ph.D., Professor of Public Administration and Policy and Professor of Criminal Justice at the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, State University of New York at Albany (SUNY).
- Paul Embley, Chief Information Officer of the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Linda Rosenberg, a Member of the Pennsylvania Board of Parole. Ms. Rosenberg formerly served as a governor-appointed representative to the SEARCH Membership, representing the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania from 2003 to 2011.
The Membership Group—SEARCH’s governing body—is primarily composed of gubernatorial appointees from the states, the District of Columbia, and the territories. They are state-level officials who usually are responsible for managing their State’s criminal history records repositories and related identification and telecommunications technology.
SEARCH is the national venue through which the states articulate their justice information management needs and priorities. Serving as the voice of the States on criminal history and information sharing issues, the SEARCH Membership brings State concerns and recommendations to the attention of the Federal government, including the U.S. Departments of Justice and Homeland Security, the FBI, and the U.S. Congress.
To augment the Membership’s deliberations with a wide array of subject matter expertise and operational insight, SEARCH’s Bylaws authorize the Board Chair to appoint up to eight At-Large Members who are experts and thought leaders in their field.
The appointments of Dr. Bushway, Mr. Embley, and Ms. Rosenberg are for a two-year renewable term, which expire July 24, 2025.
“Dr. Bushway, Mr. Embley, and Ms. Rosenberg will add significant value to the ongoing work and deliberations of the SEARCH Membership, and will bring unique insights and operational perspectives,” said Chairman Bright. “On behalf of the Board of Directors, I welcome them to SEARCH and I look forward to working with each of them.”
They join SEARCH’s other At-Large Members:
- Dan Foro, Senior Advisor, New York State Sheriffs’ Association Institute.
- Richard Schauffler, Principal, Justice Solutions.
- Jeffrey L. Sedgwick, D., Executive Director, Justice Research and Statistics Association.
- Bob Wessels, Vice Chair, Judicial Committee on Information Technology, State of Texas.