Pennsylvania Justice Official Joins SEARCH Membership
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf has appointed Mr. Michael Pennington to serve as Pennsylvania’s representative to the SEARCH Membership Group.
Mr. Pennington, Director of the Office of Justice System Improvements (OJSI) in the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD), was appointed July 25, 2019. The OJSI coordinates with all levels of criminal justice agencies to identify their issues, develop statewide policies and programs, and implement solutions that enhance public safety. This includes:
- Addressing mental illness, substance abuse and crime.
- Helping offenders transition back into their communities.
- Applying the latest technologies to crime reporting, from fingerprinting to image identification and records management.
- Helping law enforcement agencies evaluate and improve performance.
- Increase the standardization, integration and sharing of data within the criminal justice community.
Mr. Pennington succeeds Robert Merwine as Pennsylvania’s SEARCH representative. Mr. Merwine had served on the SEARCH Membership since July 2011 and also served several terms on its Board of Directors.The SEARCH Membership Group, which governs SEARCH, is comprised of one gubernatorial appointee from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories, as well as eight at-large appointees selected by SEARCH’s Chair. This national body of state-level professionals is widely representative of the various disciplines within the justice system, and many are responsible for operational decisions and policymaking concerning the management of criminal justice.
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News