SEARCH welcomes a new Vice Chair and two new Members to its Board of Directors following elections held during SEARCH’s 2020 Annual Membership Group Meeting. At the virtual meeting on July 21, five other Members were re-elected to the SEARCH Board in positions that include SEARCH Chair, State Director, and At-Large Director.
Elected to serve leadership roles on the Board, with terms that expire in July 2022, are:
- Chair Leslie Moore, Director, Information Services Division, Kansas Bureau of Investigation. This is Ms. Moore’s second term as Chair.
- Vice Chair Kathryn Monfreda, Director, Division of Statewide Services, Alaska Department of Public Safety. This is Ms. Monfreda’s first term as Vice Chair, following two terms as a State Director on the Board.
The newly elected, first-time Board Members, who will serve two-year terms that expire in July 2022, are:
- Colonel Timothy Chung, Assistant Director, Technical Services Division, Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Colonel Larry C. Newton Jr., Office of Technical Services, Kentucky State Police.
Re-elected to two-year terms on the Board are the following State Directors:
- Jason Bright, Supervisor of the Criminal Records & Identification Services Section, Criminal Investigation Division, Montana Department of Justice.
- Bradley Truitt, Director of Information Systems, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Lisa Voss, Assistant Director, State Bureau of Identification, Delaware State Police.
Re-elected to two-year terms on the Board are the following At-Large Directors:
- Dan Foro, Senior Advisor, New York State Sheriffs’ Association Institute.
- James Lynch, Professor, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Maryland.
Continuing to serve on the Board in positions that expire in July 2021 are these State Directors:
- Brad Cazort, Director, Arkansas Crime Information Center.
- David Jobes, Assistant Director, Iowa Department of Public Safety.
- Leila McNeill, Chief, Crime Identification Bureau, Idaho State Police.
- Matt Ruel, Director, Bureau of Identification, Maine State Police.
Mr. Bob Wessels, Vice Chair, Texas Judicial Committee on Information Technology, continues to serve on the Board as an At-Large Director. His term expires in July 2021. Mr. Christopher D.W. Young, Administrator, Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center, serves on the SEARCH Board of Directors as the representative for the Open Justice Broker Consortium, which is a permanent appointment.
Transitioning off the Board was Mr. Adam Dean, Director, Office of Criminal Justice Services, New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services. SEARCH thanks Mr. Dean for his dedicated service on the Board. He remains New York’s representative to the SEARCH Membership Group.