During SEARCH’s recent annual Membership Group meeting held July 26–28, 2016, in Houston, Texas, SEARCH Members held elections for the Board of Directors.
Elected to two-year leadership terms on the board were:
- Brad Truitt, Director of Information Systems, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, who starts his second term as Chair.
- Joseph Morrissey, Director, Office of Criminal Justice Operations, New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, who was elected to his first full term as Vice Chair.
Newly elected Board directors are:
- Major Brandon Gray, Commanding Officer, Identification & Information Technology Section, New Jersey State Police
- Kathryn Monfreda, Acting Director, Department of Statewide Services, Alaska Department of Public Safety
Directors re-elected to a second two-year term are:
- Alfred Blumstein, J. Erik Jonsson University Professor of Urban Systems and Operations, Heinz School of Public Policy and Management, Carnegie Mellon University (At-Large Member)
- Daniel Foro, Senior Advisor, New York State Sheriffs’ Association Institute (At-Large Member)
- Julie Butler, Administrator, General Services Division, Nevada Department of Public Safety
- Matt Ruel, Director, Bureau of Identification, Maine State Police
Continuing on the Board are:
- Rickeya Franklin, Director, Identification Division, Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Ohio Attorney General’s Office
- Robert Merwine, Director, Office of Criminal Justice Systems Improvements, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency
- Leslie Moore, Director, Information Services Division, Kansas Bureau of Investigation
- David Steingraber, Senior Policy Advisor, National Criminal Justice Association (At-Large Member)
- Major Jennie Temple, Criminal Justice Information Services, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
- Robert Wessels, Vice Chair, Judicial Committee on Information Technology, Texas (At-Large Member)
- Curtis Wood, Undersecretary, Forensic Science and Technology, Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security