Dr. Jeffrey Sedgwick is Appointed a SEARCH Member At-Large
On October 1, Ms. Leslie Moore, Chairwoman of the SEARCH Board of Directors, appointed Jeffrey Sedgwick, Ph.D., to serve as an At-Large representative to the SEARCH Membership Group.
Dr. Sedgwick is Executive Director of the Justice Research and Statistics Association (JRSA), a national nonprofit organization of state Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) directors that is dedicated to the use of nonpartisan research and analysis to inform criminal and juvenile justice decision-making. He previously served as Director of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) and Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Justice Programs (OJP).
“With brilliant insight, vast experience, and an analytic perspective, I am certain that Dr. Sedgwick will play an important role in the ongoing work and deliberations of the SEARCH Membership” noted Chairwoman Moore. “On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am pleased to welcome him to SEARCH. We look forward to working closely with him.”
The SEARCH Membership Group is composed of gubernatorial appointees from each state, the District of Columbia, and the territories. Members are state-level officials who are typically responsible for managing their State’s criminal history records repositories and related identification and telecommunications technology.
SEARCH Bylaws authorize the Board Chairperson to appoint up to seven At-Large Members who are subject matter experts and thought leaders to augment Member deliberations. Dr. Sedgwick’s appointment is for a two-year renewable term, which expires September 30, 2023.
Other At-Large representatives serving the SEARCH Membership Group include:
- Alfred Blumstein, Ph.D., Erik Jonsson University Professor of Urban Systems and Operations Research, H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management, Carnegie-Mellon University.
- Mr. Dan Foro, Senior Advisor, New York State Sheriffs’ Association Institute.
- James P. Lynch, Ph.D., Professor in the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Maryland at College Park.
- Mr. Bob Wessels, Vice Chair, Judicial Committee on Information Technology, State of Texas.
- Mr. Nelson O. Bunn, Jr., Executive Director, National District Attorneys Association.
- Mr. Richard Schauffler, Principal, Justice Solutions, former Director of Research for the National Center for State Courts.
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News