Program: Software and Data Engineering Program
Reports To: Director of Software and Data Engineering
Under the direction of the Director of Software and Data Engineering, the Information Sharing Developer is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and deploying information sharing systems on behalf of SEARCH clients. The developer will work in an Agile environment and be proficient with Java and the Spring Framework while being flexible to learn new technologies and frameworks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Recent experience developing commercial software applications using Java, Spring, Apache Camel, Apache CXF or other related tools to facilitate data translation and integration with a working knowledge of Web Service technology and RESTful technologies. Working knowledge of SpringBoot framework is highly preferred.
- The ability to work on the full software stack from the User Interface front-end to the back-end data layers.
- Experience with MYSQL, AWS S3.
- Working knowledge of Docker or similar container technology, along with experience using Continuous Integration tools.
- Understanding of Microservices architecture.
- Experience with Agile Development and other agile development tools like Slack, MS Teams, etc.
- Experience using Eclipse, GIT or other source control managements systems to help manage a growing code base.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills—verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening—for staff, customer, and organizational-level communications, both formal and informal.
- Ability to capture and maintain user stories, data flow diagrams, and supporting technical documentations.
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite programs: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Experience with R, NoSQL and Big Data tools (AWS Glue, AWS Athena, AWS Redshift) and analytics is a plus, but not required.
- The ability to work on a remote team with clients and projects across the country in a variety of criminal justice domains and disciplines.
- A thorough understanding of industry standards with a focus on open-source tools and technologies relevant to enterprise system integration and information sharing; includes such standards, tools, and technologies in architectures, designs, and advice provided to clients.
- Experience with federated identity management technologies and standards, especially SAML, is a plus but not required.
- Government is adopting cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. A working knowledge of deployment and configurations of these platforms is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently; self-starter.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of information systems, information technology, and/or related field with at least 2 years of recent experience in enterprise systems integration architecture, software development, and implementation using the enumerated tools and technologies.
Ability to read and interpret policy, strategy, and technical documents. Ability to speak effectively before groups of all sizes and backgrounds. Ability to write technical architecture, design, implementation, and requirements documents in clear, unambiguous language intended for a diverse audience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance are required.
National travel is required on an occasional basis.
All SEARCH professional staff work remotely in a virtual office environment. Staff are supplied with or provided a stipend towards the acquisition of equipment required to perform their job (e.g., laptop computer, monitor, keyboard, etc., software, and stipends for cell phone and remote Internet services). Employees are expected to provide a suitable workspace and environment in which to work.
Negotiable, within the range of $80,000 ‒ $100,000.
To apply for this position, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of application expressing your interest in the position, your qualifications, and
- A current resume and three references