2023 Annual Meeting Resources
SEARCH’s 2023 Annual Membership Group Meeting was held the morning of Monday, July 24, at The Westin Long Beach in downtown Long Beach, California, and drew dozens of attendees from 37 states and the District of Columba who participated in person or virtually via the Zoom platform.
The Annual Meeting was shortened to one-half day due to being held in conjunction with the 2023 SEARCH/JRSA/NCJA Symposium on Justice Information Technology, Policy, Research, and Practice, which took place July 24–26.
As SEARCH’s governing body, the Membership Group meets twice yearly to discuss, analyze and strategize on key policy, operational and technical issues impacting justice information sharing. Federal and state government partners, as well as industry leaders, also attend to share critical information about new programs, services and emerging trends. In turn, they learn about Members’ operational perspectives and the state’ justice information sharing challenges and needs.
The 2023 Annual Meeting featured the following:
- Announcement of the results of the 2023 Board of Directors election.
- Recognition of Members and Staff who reached significant years of service milestones in 2023.
- A briefing on recent legislative activities of the 118th Congress, including an outlook on major legislation and appropriations.
- A Roundtable session during which SEARCH Members shared experiences and information on priority issues and programs in their states.
- Reports on SEARCH program activities in Law and Policy, Research and Statistics, Software and Data Engineering, and Cybercrime and Digital Forensics.
SEARCH is planning its 2024 Winter Membership Group Meeting for January 23–25, 2024, at the Doubletree New Orleans Canal Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. We will post updates on planning for the 2024 Winter Meeting at meetings.search.org.
2023 Years of Service Honorees
SEARCH recognized the following Members for years of service reached in 2023:
- Matthew Ruel, Director, State Bureau of Identification, Maine State Police, 10 years
- Leila McNeill, Chief, Criminal Identification Bureau, Idaho State Police, 5 years
- Greg Willmore, Director, Bureau of Criminal Identification, Utah Department of Public Safety, 5 years
SEARCH recognized the following staff for years of service reached in 2023:
- Diane Chin, Administrative Assistant, 30 years
- Chris Lee, Webmaster, 20 years
- Mo West, Justice Information Systems Specialist, 15 years
- Leticia Davidek, Controller, 15 years
- Diane Lacy, Justice Information Systems Specialist, 10 years
- Vicky Williams, Bookkeeper/HR Assistant, 5 years
Photos from the 2023 Annual Meeting
SEARCH thanks our Sponsors of the 2023 Annual Meeting
SEARCH is governed by a Membership Group that includes one gubernatorial appointee from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories. Members are primarily state-level justice officials responsible for operational decisions and policy on managing criminal justice and criminal history information, and related identification and telecommunications technology. The SEARCH Chair also selects eight At-large Members from government, organizations and academia, to provide a balanced representation of justice disciplines and to bring special expertise and broad perspectives to the Group. The Membership Group typically meets in January and July each year.