2022 Winter Meeting ResourcesView or Download all 16 Videos of the Winter Meeting Sessions and Workshops
SEARCH’s 2022 Winter Membership Group Meeting was a success, drawing dozens of attendees both on-site at the Marriott Columbia in Columbia, South Carolina, as well as those participating virtually on the Zoom platform.
The January 25-26 Winter Meeting featured key sessions and workshops and speakers from state and federal government, national organizations, and private industry. It kicked off on Monday, January 25, by a welcome address from Chief Mark Keel, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.
As SEARCH’s governing body, the Membership Group meets twice yearly to discuss, analyze and strategize on key policy, operational and technical issues impacting justice information sharing. Federal and state government partners, as well as industry leaders, also attend to share critical information about new programs, services and emerging trends. In turn, they learn about Members’ operational perspectives and the state’ justice information sharing challenges and needs.
Key sessions and workshops at SEARCH’s 2022 Winter Membership Group Meeting included:
- A briefing from on recent legislative activities of Congress, as well as briefings from Congressional staff on Clean Slate and firearms screening legislation.
- Briefings from key federal justice agency staff on the status of NICS, NCHIP, NCS-X and NIBRS.
- A roundtable session where SEARCH Members shared experiences and information on priority issues and programs, including clean slate, COVID-19 responses, and disposition reporting.
- A discussion of the findings on Gun policy research;
- Evolving identification and identity management technologies;
- Information systems security for critical law enforcement systems;
- A status report on efforts to develop universal computerized criminal history data quality measures;
- Clean Slate and other forms of criminal justice reform and records relief at the state and Federal levels, including an examination of Clean Slate initiatives underway in states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Utah, Connecticut, Delaware and others;
- Efforts to improve disposition reporting; and
- Monitoring the movement of parolees/probationers across state lines.
SEARCH’s next Membership Group Meeting is July 19-21, 2022, at the Grand Hyatt Denver in Denver, CO. We will post updates on planning for SEARCH’s 2022 Annual Meeting at meetings.search.org.
Photos from the 2022 Winter Meeting
SEARCH is governed by a Membership Group that includes one gubernatorial appointee from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories. Members are primarily state-level justice officials responsible for operational decisions and policy on managing criminal justice and criminal history information, and related identification and telecommunications technology. The SEARCH Chair also selects eight At-large Members from government, organizations and academia, to provide a balanced representation of justice disciplines and to bring special expertise and broad perspectives to the Group. The Membership Group typically meets in January and July each year.