2019 Winter Membership Meeting Kicks Off SEARCH’s 50th Year
Last week, SEARCH held its three-day 2019 Winter Membership Group Meeting in San Diego, California, kicking off both a new year and a year that will mark the 50th anniversary of the first moonwalk, Woodstock—and SEARCH.
The Winter Meeting, held January 8–10 at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, drew more than 100 attendees from states nationwide, representing local, state and federal justice agencies, private industry, and partner associations and organizations. Attendees participated in discussions, presentations, workshops and information briefing; agenda topics included:
- Current legislative activities of the new 116th Congress
- Cyber crime and information systems security
- Computerized criminal history metrics
- Improving communication, collaboration and cooperation among courts, prosecutors and state repositories to improve criminal history records
- Interstate sharing of offender information
- Expanding justice and mental health information sharing as part of justice reform efforts
The week’s events also included a meeting of the SEARCH Board of Directors, which featured the election of a new Board Vice Chair, Major Brandon Gray (New Jersey), and Member, Ms. Lisa Voss (Delaware).
SEARCH thanks its meeting Sponsors and the various companies, agencies, and individuals who participated in the three days of educational workshops and insightful discussions.
SEARCH’s 2019 Annual Membership Group Meeting and 50th Anniversary Commemoration is scheduled for July 22 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport; it will be followed on July 23–24 by a SEARCH National Symposium on Justice Information Technology, Policy and Research.
An event website will be available next month.
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News