SEARCH Welcomes New Oklahoma Member
SEARCH is pleased to announce that Mr. Bryan Rizzi is Oklahoma’s new representative on the SEARCH Membership Group. He was appointed by Governor Mary Fallin on August 5, 2015.
Mr. Rizzi is Division Director of the Information Services Division in the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI). He oversees five units within the division:
- Identification Unit, which manages the OSBI database of fingerprints.
- Criminal History Reporting Unit, which manages requests for criminal history from the public.
- Self Defense Act Unit, which oversees licensing and regulation of concealed hand-gun permits.
- Field Services Unit, which provides identification training services to local law enforcement agencies.
- Crime Data Collection and Analysis Unit, which is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating criminal justice information.
Mr. Rizzi replaces Mr. David Page as Oklahoma’s SEARCH representative. Mr. Page retired from state service earlier this year, and had served as a SEARCH Member since July 1, 2013.The SEARCH Membership Group, which governs SEARCH, is comprised of one gubernatorial appointee from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories, as well as eight at-large appointees selected by SEARCH’s Chair. This national body of state-level professionals is widely representative of the various disciplines within the justice system, and many are responsible for operational decisions and policymaking concerning the management of criminal justice information, particularly criminal history information. The Membership Group fosters cooperation and communication among justice system professionals in identifying and implementing solutions to common problems.
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News