SEARCH Membership Group Convening its 2018 Annual Meeting
SEARCH’s 2018 Annual Membership Meeting gets underway with a Board of Directors meeting Monday, July 23, while the Membership Group meets July 24 to 26 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia.
Virginia State Police Captain Tricia Powers, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division, will give the host state welcome. Capt. Powers serves as SEARCH’s Alternate Member for Virginia.
The event features speakers and sessions that will address a range of topics. These include:
- Panelists representing the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) and FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division will help states understand how to develop plans to implement National Criminal History Improvement Program (NCHIP) plans, as well as NICS Act Records Improvement Program (NARIP) plans.
- A workshop that addresses funding, research, and implementation planning for the National Crime Statistics Exchange Program (NCS-X), which is designed to generate nationally representative incident-based data on crimes reported to law enforcement agencies.
- Briefings from FBI and Nlets officials of the FBI Next Generation Identification (NGI) effort and the National Use of Force Data Collection programs, among others.
- Addresses from Directors of the Bureaus of Justice Assistance (BJA) and BJS.
- A workshop on upgrading or replacing CCH/AFIS (computerized criminal history/automated fingerprint identification systems) or IT consolidation. The discussion will identify key challenges, opportunities, and promising practices as states manage their ongoing operations and plan for the future.
- A workshop on developing criminal history metrics and research measures.
- A Membership Group Roundtable, a Government Affairs briefing, briefings from SEARCH Directors on current SEARCH initiatives and projects, and more.
In addition, the Annual Meeting will feature elections of the SEARCH Board of Directors, and presentation of 2018 Awards, including the O.J. Hawkins Award—which is being presented to Ms. Donna Uzzell, Florida Department of Law Enforcement—and the Justice Policy Leadership Award, which is honoring U.S. Senator John Cornyn, R-Texas.
Download the meeting agenda for more details. SEARCH is also pleased to thank the following companies for their sponsorship of and participation in the 2018 Annual Meeting:
Continental Breakfast Sponsor
Afternoon Break Sponsor
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News