- Guide to Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments for State, Local, and Tribal Information Sharing Initiative
This guide allows justice practitioners to examine the privacy implications of their information systems and information-sharing collaborations so they can design and implement policies to address vulnerabilities identified through the assessment process. April 2009.
- Privacy Impact Assessment Template
This Word document can be used by jurisdictions to complete a privacy impact assessment of their information system. It is to be used in conjunction with the Guide to Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments for State, Local, and Tribal Information Sharing Initiatives. April 2009.
- Report of the National Focus Group on the Retention of Civil Fingerprints by Criminal History Record Repositories
January 2009. NCJ 2225204.
- Technical Brief–The Benefits of Using JIEM to Capture Privacy Requirements
- Report of the National Focus Group on Emergency Housing and Criminal Record Checks: The Hurricane Katrina Experience
- Report of the National Task Force on the Criminal Record Backgrounding of America
- Compendium of State Security and Privacy Legislation: Overview 2002
November 2003. NCJ 20030.
- National Conference on Privacy, Technology and Criminal Justice Information: Proceedings of a Bureau of Justice Statistics/SEARCH conference
- Report of the National Task Force on Privacy, Technology, and Criminal Justice Information
August 2001. NCJ 187669.
- Compendium of State Privacy and Security Legislation: 1999 Overview
August 2000. NCJ 182294.
- National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact: Resource Materials
January 1999. NCJ 171671.
- Compendium of State Privacy and Security Legislation: 1997 Overview
May 1998. NCJ 168964.
- Privacy and Juvenile Justice Records: A Mid-Decade Status Report
May 1997. NCJ 161255.
- Compendium of State Privacy and Security Legislation: 1994 Overview
January 1995. NCJ 151262.
- Technical Report No. 13: Standards for the Security and Privacy of Criminal History Record Information (Third ed., revised July 1988)