Long-Term Governance of Regional CAD/RMS ProjectsTopic/Title: "Long-Term Governance of Regional CAD/RMS Projects"
Participant: Capt. Tod Dahle, Support Services, Fargo Police Department, North Dakota
Listen to Full Interview (duration time: 20:16:00)
- Can you tell us a bit more about the governance of the Regional Dispatch Center and how it has evolved?
- How does the project governance fit with the Centerís Board of Authority?
- From what youíve said, it sounds like most Steering Committee decisions are made by consensus.
- More and more agencies across the country are regionalizing communications and dispatch services, but few cross state lines.
- Did experience with your earlier regional radio system project help prepare the Steering Committee for regional CAD/RMS project and long-term governance?
- The river that separates the two states is notorious for flooding, including record levels in Fargo last year. I imagine that the shared problem brings the region together in many ways despite legal boundaries.
- In closing, what are your take-away messages for the long-term governance of regional CAD/RMS projects?
Written transcript of interview
These podcasts are made possible through the COPS 2007 Technology Program. They are part of a continuing technical assistance and training program designed to share information between grantees and others who may benefit from their experiences. Interviews recorded and presented as podcasts will focus on practical guidance for information sharing and communications interoperability projects.
This project was supported by Cooperative Agreement #2007-CK-WX-K002 by the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. Points of view or opinions expressed in this podcast are those of guests and moderators, and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.