About SEARCH Overview Company Background SEARCH News 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Awards Membership Group Board of Directors Staff Careers Partners Contact Us
Annual Elections and a Member Resignation Bring Changes to the SEARCH Board of DirectorsBack See more recent articles
During SEARCH's recent annual Membership Group meeting held July 19-21, 2011, in St. Louis, Missouri, SEARCH Members held elections for the Board of Directors.
Newly elected Board members include:
- Mr. David Jobes, Assistant Director, Division of Criminal Investigation, Iowa Department of Public Safety
- Mr. David Steingraber, Senior Policy Advisor, National Criminal Justice Association (At-Large Member)
State and At-Large Members re-elected to a second term are:
- Major Douglas Shelton, Records Division, Indiana State Police
- Ms. Judith Volk, Information Services Manager, Bureau of Criminal Investigation, North Dakota Office of Attorney General
- Mr. Robert Wessels, Vice Chair, Judicial Committee on Information Technology, State of Texas (At-Large Member)
- Colonel Robert Williams, Chief, Department of Public Safety, Maine State Police
Continuing on the Board are:
- Captain Thomas W. Turner, Division Commander, Criminal Justice Information Services, Virginia State Police (Chair)
- Mr. Brad Truitt, Director of Information Systems, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (Vice Chair)
- Mr. Francis X. Aumand III, Director, Criminal Justice Services, Vermont Department of Public Safety
- Dr. Alfred Blumstein, J. Erik Jonsson University Professor of Urban Systems and Operations Research, H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management, Carnegie-Mellon University (At-Large Member)
- Ms. Terry Gibbons, Deputy Director, Georgia Crime Information Center, Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Ms. Liane Moriyama, Administrator, Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center, Department of the Attorney General
- Mr. David Schade, Director, Division of Statewide Services, Alaska Department of Public Safety
- Mr. Karl W. Wilmes, Manager, Program Support Unit, Colorado Bureau of Investigation
In other Board news, Mr. Steven Hollon, Administrative Director, Supreme Court of Ohio, submitted his resignation as an At-Large Member, effective July 24, 2011. Mr. Hollon had been on the Board since 2010. He will be replaced by At-Large Board alternate Mr. James Buckley, Special Agent, Department of Homeland Security.
"I regret that Steven Hollon found it necessary to leave SEARCH," stated Board Chair, Captain Thomas Turner. "Steven's other commitments to national organizations, as well as his duties at the Ohio Supreme Court, prevent him from having the time to be a part of SEARCH. I would like to publicly thank Steven for his service and friendship to SEARCH, and I appreciate Jim Buckley for his willingness to fill this vacancy the Board."
Captain Turner also thanked Commander Jeffrey Kellett for his dedicated service to the Board. Commander Kellett, Chief Administrator, Criminal Records Unit, New Hampshire State Police, has served two terms on the Board since 2007, and in accordance with SEARCH bylaws, must remain off the Board for at least one year before being eligible to serve again.
"Fortunately, Jeff maintains his position as our SEARCH representative from New Hampshire and we will still benefit from the value he brings to the table," noted Captain Turner.
Newly elected Board membersMr. David Jobes
Mr. David Steingraber
State and At-Large Members re-elected to a second termMajor Douglas Shelton
Ms. Judy Volk
Colonel Robert Williams