About SEARCH Overview Company Background SEARCH News 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Awards Membership Group Board of Directors Staff Careers Partners Contact Us
Elizabeth Tow Joins SEARCH High-Tech Crime Training ServicesBack See more recent articles
In this position, Ms. Tow will coordinate and provide training on high-tech crime investigations and forensics to local, state, and federal justice agencies. In addition, she will provide technical assistance to law enforcement agencies in active cases, prepare training curricula, teach SEARCH investigative courses, and speak at conferences throughout the United States.
Since 2005, Ms. Tow has worked in law enforcement, for both the Grass Valley (California) and Helena (Montana) Police Departments. She has additional experience as a Finance Assistant and Parks and Recreation Supervisor with the City of Grass Valley, in addition to a great deal of conference and training-related experience in the private sector beef industry from 1988-2005.
"Elizabeth brings to SEARCH experience from law enforcement agencies in two states, as well as experience in curriculum development and training and Internet Crimes Against Children peer-to-peer investigations," noted Mr. David Bishop, SEARCH Director of High-Tech Crime Training Services. "I am very excited to welcome Elizabeth as we gain momentum and build upon a great tradition of high-tech crime training for justice and public safety agencies."
Ms. Tow holds the following licenses and certifications:
- Certified Trainer, California Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (CLETS)
- Certified Trainer, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Incident Management System/Standardized Emergency Management System (NIMS/SEMS)
- Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)-certified Public Safety Dispatcher (California and Montana)
- California Commission on POST Ethics and Public Safety Dispatching
- POST Domestic Violence for Dispatchers, Sexual Assault for Dispatchers, and Law Enforcement Response to Terrorism
- Child Abduction Intervention and Resource Training
Ms. Tow was a Public Safety Dispatcher for the Grass Valley and Helena Police Departments. For the Grass Valley Police, she served as the CLETS Operational Trainer, the Communications Center CLETS Coordinator, and the Communications Training Officer. She also served on the department's Recruitment and Retention Committee and its Organizational Excellence Committee, and was a member and agency representative to the California CLETS Users Group.
Ms. Tow earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice Management from Union Institute and University. She also studied Animal Science at Montana State University.