About SEARCH Overview Company Background SEARCH News 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Awards Membership Group Board of Directors Staff Careers Partners Contact Us
SEARCH Membership Group Holds Annual ElectionsBack See more recent articles
Captain Thomas W. Turner
Elected Chair is Captain Thomas W. Turner, Division Commander, Criminal Justice Information Services, Virginia State Police. A SEARCH Member since 2000, Captain Turner served most recently as the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors.
The new Vice Chair is Mr. Brad Truitt, Director of Information Systems, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Mr. Truitt has been SEARCH's Tennessee Member since 2004, and has been on the Board since 2006.
Upon accepting the role of Chair, Captain Turner said, "I look forward to serving as Chair and I'll try to live up to the Membership Group's expectations and do what I think is best, with their input. I appreciate the Membership Group's confidence in me and I know that Brad Truitt will do an excellent job as Vice Chair."
Newly elected Board members include:
- Ms. Terry Gibbons, Deputy Director, Georgia Crime Information Center, Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Ms. Liane Moriyama, Administrator, Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center, Department of the Attorney General
- Mr. Francis X. Aumand III, Director, Criminal Justice Services, Vermont Department of Public Safety
- Mr. David Schade, Director, Division of Statewide Services, Alaska Department of Public Safety
- Mr. Steven C. Hollon, Administrative Director, Supreme Court of Ohio (At-Large Member)
State and At-Large Members re-elected to a second term:
- Dr. Janet L. Mullings, Associate Dean and Chair of Faculty, College of Criminal Justice, Sam Houston State University
- Dr. Alfred Blumstein, J. Erik Jonsson University Professor of Urban Systems and Operations Research, H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management, Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mr. Karl W. Wilmes, Manager, Program Support Unit, Colorado Bureau of Investigation
Continuing on the Board:
- Maj. Douglas Shelton, Records Division, Indiana State Police
- Commander Jeffrey Kellett, Chief Administrator, Criminal Records Unit, New Hampshire State Police
- Ms. Judith Volk, Information Services Manager, Bureau of Criminal Investigation, North Dakota Office of Attorney General
- Mr. David Steingraber, Executive Director, Wisconsin Office of Justice Assistance
- Mr. Robert Wessels, Court Manager, Office of Court Management, Harris County, Texas