About SEARCH Overview Company Background SEARCH News 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Awards Membership Group Board of Directors Staff Careers Partners Contact Us
SEARCH Prepares for Four BJA Regional Information Sharing ConferencesBack
SEARCH is busy preparing for four Regional Information Sharing Conferences, Innovations in Justice: Information Sharing Strategies and Best Practices, being held at sites nationwide. One of the conferences, originally slated for September 2006 in Jacksonville, Florida, has been rescheduled and will be held in June 2007. The conference dates and locations are:
- November 28-30, 2006 – San Diego, California
- February 6-8, 2007 – Houston, Texas
- March 27-29, 2007 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- June 4-6, 2007– Jacksonville, Florida
The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), U.S. Department of Justice, in cooperation with SEARCH and the Global Justice XML Data Model Training and Technical Assistance Committee, are offering an opportunity for state and local agency leaders, policymakers, project managers, and technical staff to learn about, explore, and understand how to plan, manage, and implement technology solutions for information sharing systems. These conferences are scheduled in convenient locations throughout the country. Attendees will: Hear success stories from justice and public safety practitioners from their region as they discuss pitfalls to avoid, lessons learned, and what has worked for them.
- Learn how to use the latest developments in policy, privacy and security, technologies, and standards to solve their information sharing challenges.
- Benefit from operational, technical, and management sessions that focus on strategic planning, best practices, information exchange modeling, knowledge management, partnership building—and more!
- Network with practitioners like them from local, state, and federal agencies.
Conference information and online registration is available at http://www.search.org/conferences/2006reginfosharing/