About SEARCH Overview Company Background SEARCH News 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Awards Membership Group Board of Directors Staff Careers Partners Contact Us
SEARCH Offers New Training Course: Cell Phone InvestigationBack
Students at a recent Cell Phone Investigation class held at SEARCH headquarters in Sacramento agreed that training in this area is desperately needed due to the huge number of cell phones involved in some aspect of crimes committed.
In Core Skills for the Investigation of Cellular Telephones, investigators work hands on with multiple cellular telephones and the various tools and data collection methodologies available. Course topics include:
- Cell phone systems - Students learn what information is available from cell phone providers.
- Tracking cell phones - Students learn how to track a cell phone in use by a suspect.
- Cell phone seizure - Students learn what the risks are to retrieving data from the cell phone.
- Tools to retrieve data - Students learn how to deal with cable issues regarding data retrieval.
- Digital evidence recovery - Students work through step-by-step processes of recovering evidence from cell phones.
- Legal issues surrounding cell phone seizures - Students learn how to retrieve information for presenting or determining evidence in a sound manner.
One of the primary missions of SEARCH is to provide High Technology Crime Investigation training to law enforcement officers nationwide. Check the SEARCH High Tech Crime web site for course eligibility details, course calendar, and fees.