About SEARCH Overview Company Background SEARCH News 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Awards Membership Group Board of Directors Staff Careers Partners Contact Us
Annual Membership Meeting SummaryBack
2005 Hawkins Award Recipient: U.S. Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH)
2005 Cooper Award Recipient: Ms. Donna Uzzell, Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Presentations, roundtable and breakout discussions included:
- Examining the relationship of courts to state repositories in light of technologies used
- Funding justice information sharing
- Revisiting the concept of the National Fingerprint File
- Trends in high-tech crime computer security
- Update on Federal Legislation
- How the Records Quality Index measures the performance of criminal history record systems
- Exploring the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
- Discussing current activities regarding the Transportation Security Administration's handling of hazardous material endorsements for individuals seeking or renewing commercial driver's licenses
United States Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH) received the 2005 O.J. Hawkins Award for Outstanding Contributions in Criminal Justice Information Systems, Policy and Statistics in the United States. Ms. Donna Uzzell, Director, Criminal Justice Information Services, Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), received the 2005 Gary R. Cooper Meritorious Service Award, presented each year to the SEARCH Member who has provided outstanding work on behalf of SEARCH and criminal justice information services.
SEARCH's 2006 Winter Membership Meeting is scheduled for January 24-27, 2005 at the Los Angeles Hilton/Universal City.