SEARCH Leadership: Transformational Change in National Justice Initiatives
SEARCH staff actively participates in national forums, advisory bodies and committees to offer innovation and leadership to a variety of timely and important national justice initiatives. Our efforts focus on these outcomes:
- Thought leadership. SEARCH offers innovative ideas and strategies that challenge conventional wisdom, push boundaries, and proactively address unanswered challenges.
- Involvement. SEARCH serves in leadership, advisory and support capacities, helping to lead and advise efforts that can benefit from our particular strengths and practical experience in the field.
- Influence and Impact. By stimulating ideas through active participation and leadership, we help effect change and measurable improvements in issues involving the use, management and exchange of criminal history, justice and public safety information.
- Collaboration. SEARCH works collaboratively with its partners to deliver solutions, develop policy, and identify best practices.
SEARCH leadership activities include these national initiatives and groups —
- The Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative, which supports the broadscale exchange of pertinent justice and public safety information.
- Global Advisory Committee
- Global Executive Steering Committee
- Global Federated Identity and Privilege Management (GFIPM) Implementation Team
- Global Infrastructure/Standards Working Group
- Global Privacy and Information Quality Working Group
- Global Privacy and Technology Focus Group
- Global Security Working Group
- Global Services Task Team
- Global Standards Council
- Global Strategic Solutions Working Group
- Global Tech Team
- Global XML Structure Task Force (XSTF)
- National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
- Technical Architecture Committee (NTAC)
- NIEM Curriculum Development Committee
- NIEM Communications and Outreach Committee
- First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC)
- Joint Task Force on the Design and Utilization of an Interstate Criminal History Record
- National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact Council and its Rap Back Task Force
- FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division
- Disposition Reporting Task Force
- Identification Services Coordinating Group Criminal Justice Rap Back Committee
- Advisory Policy Board Warrants Task Force
- FBI National Fingerprint File Pilot Project Evaluation Group
- FBI Identification Division Advisory Committee
- FBI Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence
- SAFECOM Emergency Response Council (ERC)
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) Integrated Justice and Court Filing Technical Committees
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) Enterprise Architecture and Governance Committee
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Criminal Justice Information Systems Committee
We’re also committed to offering leadership in areas such as juvenile justice, federated identity management and more.