2013 Brings Departure of Longtime Executive Director Ronald Hawley
The beginning of the New Year brought changes to SEARCH—most significantly, the end of Mr. Ronald P. Hawley‘s tenure as SEARCH Executive Director.
Mr. Hawley’s final day as Executive Director was January 6, 2013. He is transitioning to a role as an information services consultant.
SEARCH Chairman Francis X. Aumand III praised Mr. Hawley’s leadership and years of service to the organization.
As Executive Director, Mr. Hawley directed and managed all corporate and project activities carried out by SEARCH’s professional staff. He also represented SEARCH before various branches and levels of government, criminal justice and public safety associations, and the private sector.
In addition to his commitment to the daily operations of SEARCH, Mr. Hawley has engaged in national justice information management and information sharing efforts. (See sidebar).
He has been succeeded as Executive Director by Mr. Scott Came, who said, “Thanks to Ron’s hard work and leadership, SEARCH has evolved into an organization that is better positioned to improve public safety and support justice information sharing.”Ron has led the organization for 10 years—years that were filled with challenges and successes. He did an outstanding job. He has worked diligently to ensure that SEARCH remains a key player in important justice information sharing issues at a national level, and that the Board of Directors became more efficient and effective, through a new policy governance system.
SEARCH Chairman Francis X. Aumand III
- Executive Director: August 2003–January 2013
- CIO and Director of Systems and Technology: 2002–03
- State and At-Large appointed representative, SEARCH Membership Group, 1993–2002
- Elected Member, Board of Directors, 1995–99 and 2001–02
- Elected Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 1998–2000
Selected Appointments & Affiliations
- Member, FBI CJIS Advisory Policy Board, 1996–99; and Vice Chair, APB Information Sharing Subcommittee Overseeing the N-DEx Project, 2005–13
- Member, Global Advisory Committee and Global Executive Steering Committee, 2006–2013
- Chair, Global Outreach Working Group, 2006–13
- Chair, NICS Working Group, U.S. DOJ, 1996–98
- Member, FBI CJIS Division N-DEX Product Services Development Working Group and Chair, N-DEx Project Development Committee, 2003
- Member, National Task Force on Privacy, Technology and Criminal Justice Information, U.S. DOJ, 1999
- SEARCH Board of Directors Award for Meritorious Service, 1998
0 Comments | Category: SEARCH News